PVTC 2022-2023 School Year Classes
This year’s Conservatory theme is “Pure Imagination”! Let your creativity flow as you explore surprising worlds, characters, and situations. Check out our workshops with Broadway performers, weekly after school classes, evening adult classes, and more! We hope you’ll join us.
Year-Round Youth Classes
PVTC’s youth programs are year-round for students aged 3 through high school. Students attend class once per week to build theatre skills and to work towards a spring showcase. Students can add/drop classes through January 20th. Any student enrolled in our year-round program will be blocked into our Spring Showcase which is May 19th-21st, 2023. All classes will perform twice throughout that weekend. A detailed showcase schedule will be available in the fall. Students who commit to the Spring Showcase are expected to attend both performances.
2022-2023 YOUTH CLASS SCHEDULE BY AGE
*Students must be fully potty trained
High School Youth Council 1st Tuesday of every month from 5-6pm Apply HERE
2022-2023 School Year Internships volunteer to serve as mentors and teaching assistants in classes for younger students throughout the year. Administrative opportunities are also available for those interested. Earn volunteer hours in a fun environment! Apply HERE
LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR TEENS
The Artist's Way
Thursdays from 7-9pm
January 12th-April 6th (13 weeks)
$500 + $15 book fee
Reconnect with your inner artist! Join PVTC actor and teaching artist Jessica Bennett for a 13-week course dedicated to Julia Cameron’s groundbreaking book The Artist’s Way. The course introduces techniques and exercises that maximize creativity and productivity across all artistic disciplines. Participants will work their way through Cameron’s book, committing to writing daily “Morning Pages” and taking themselves on “Artist Dates.” In class, groups will gather in “Creative Clusters” to raise, celebrate, and actualize the creative power which runs through us all. A large goal of the course is to make creativity a regular practice and to allow our creativity to come from a divine inner spark, rather than being driven by ego.
GET ADDED TO OUR MAILING LIST!
1) TUITION: Payment is due at the time of registration. Tuition can be processed by credit card, check, or cash.
$25 non refundable. Quarterly tuition of $275, $400, $500 is non refundable after the ADD/DROP period closes. Prior to drop deadline tuition refunds will be prorated. If your child needs to drop after the drop deadline due to a conflict, tuition can be turned into a donation or a credit can be issued on your account. Please contact the PVTC office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
2) REFUNDS: $25 is non-refundable after registration. There are no refunds outside of the ADD/DROP period. Please see summer camp registration for detailed information about our summer camp refund policy.
3) ADD/DROP PERIOD: Students can add/drop classes for the first three weeks of class in September or January. After that, classes are “locked” for the semester so teachers and students can build ensemble and work on their projects.
4) TRIAL WEEK - Week of September 9th: NEW! For students who want to try out programs for the first time, PVTC will offer a trial week for the first week of class with no payment required. Come see what the fun is about! Please contact email@example.com to schedule a trial class.
5) SCHOLARSHIPS: PVTC offers a limited amount of need-based scholarships for our after school classes and camps. Families can apply for a scholarship HERE. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
YOUTH PROGRAM IMPORTANT DATES
Week of September 12th - First week of classes
Dec. 17th through Jan. 8th - No Class (Winter Break)
Classes resume Jan. 9th - Add/drop window
Jan. 20th - Last day to add/drop for winter (2nd payment due)
Feb. 20th & 21st -No Classes (President’s Week)
March 10th - 3rd payment due (if not already paid)
April 1-9 - No Classes (PVSD Spring Break)
May 15th-19th - Tech week for showcases (Please hold afternoons this week!)
May 19-21 - Spring Showcases (Each class will perform twice throughout the weekend - please plan to be in town and available!)