Join us for in-person or virtual classes this spring!
This spring, PVTC is pleased to offer a selection of both in-person and online courses to serve as many students as possible.
In-person classes will be held at our home on the campus of Valley Presbyterian Church at 945 Portola Road in Portola Valley. Classes will be held outdoors and all students and instructors are required to be masked and socially distanced during class. PVTC teachers will be vaccinated against COVID-19 at the start of our spring term and they are eager to work with students in person once again!
Online classes will be held on a secure Zoom link and will allow students to engage in creative theatre from the safety of their own homes.
Classes start the week of April 12th and run for 7 weeks
Classes end the week of May 24th
On-Campus/In-Person Class Opportunities
3:30-4:20pm Outdoor Drama (grades 1st-3rd)
3:30-4:20pm The Kingdom with No Rules (grades 4th-5th)
4:30-5:20pm “6’ Scenes” (grades 6th-8th)
5:30-6:45pm High School Performance Troupe (grades 9th-12th)
Tuesday | 3:30-4:20pm
Each week, we will play favorite theatre games to explore voice, body, and imagination! The group will work on imaginative solo and group poems that can be performed masked and socially distant. We will also work on at least one musical theatre dance to keep our bodies moving! We will be working towards an informal showcase, which may be presented outdoors for a socially distant audience, or may be recorded and shared after the final day of class.
The Kingdom with No Rules
Tuesday | 3:30-4:20pm
No rules may seem like fun..but what happens when someone thinks a green light means "go" and someone else thinks it means "stop"? Is it ok to steal each other's ice cream? How does baseball work if there are no rules for the game? In this class, students will develop characters, play games, and stage "The Kingdom with No Rules" as we explore when rules might be good...and when they are actually pretty useless. We will be working towards a final performance, which may be presented outdoors for a socially distant audience, or may be recorded and shared after the final day of class.
Tuesdays | 4:30-5:20pm
This class will draw upon improv games and theatre exercises to explore characters in scenes that are meant to keep us 6ft apart. We will use scenes to explore physical and emotional distance between people - what causes us to stay apart? Each actor will have the chance to dive into at least one major character and will work towards a final performance, which may be presented outdoors for a socially distant audience o rmay be recorded and shared after the final day of class.
Outdoor Scenic Painting Workshop
5/24, 5/26, 5/28 | 4-6pm
Join PVTC scenic designer Fred Eiras for an outdoor set painting workshop! In this class, students will learn faux painting techniques and paint sample boards for each technique. Techniques may include: Marble/Stone/Steel/Wood/Brick/Floor painting techniques/Wall cracks and plaster/Various wall textures
1) TUITION: For our four-week, three-week, and two-week long camps, you have the option of processing your camp tuition in full, or by installments. Final payments are due at the start of the camp session. A first payment of $250 is required at the time of registration. For classes payment is due at the time of registration. Students who have not paid by the ﬁrst class will not be admitted into the classroom. Tuition can be processed by credit card, check, or cash.
2) REFUNDS: $25 is non-refundable for after school class tuition. There are no refunds after the first day of class. Please see summer camp pages for detailed information about our summer 2021 camp refund policy.
3) LATE REGISTRATION: If you would like to register after the ﬁrst day of a class, you may do so up until the second class meeting. After the second class meeting, we may not be able add additional students as the script has already been developed, casting has taken place, etc. We do not pro-rate classes that are added late.
4) TRIAL CLASS: We understand that some of our younger artists may be hesitant about trying a theatre class. If you have a young student and wish to test a class, please feel free to call the theatre ofﬁce at (650) 530-2428 to make arrangements for a trial class before formally registering online.
5) SCHOLARSHIPS: PVTC offers a limited amount of need-based scholarships for our after school classes and camps. Families can apply for a scholarship HERE. Questions? Please email email@example.com for more information.