Frequently asked questions
Join us for in-person or virtual classes this spring!
This spring, PVTC is pleased to offer a selection of both in-person and online courses to serve as many students as possible.
In-person classes will be held at our home on the campus of Valley Presbyterian Church at 945 Portola Road in Portola Valley. Classes will be held outdoors and all students and instructors are required to be masked and socially distanced during class. PVTC teachers will be vaccinated against COVID-19 at the start of our spring term and they are eager to work with students in person once again!
Online classes will be held on a secure Zoom link and will allow students to engage in creative theatre from the safety of their own homes.
Classes start the week of April 12th and run for 7 weeks
Classes end the week of May 24th
On-Campus/In-Person Class Opportunities
3:30-4:20pm Outdoor Drama (grades 1st-3rd)
3:30-4:20pm The Kingdom with No Rules (grades 4th-5th)
4:30-5:20pm Dance it Out (grades 4th-8th)
4:30-5:20pm “6’ Scenes” (grades 6th-8th)
5:30-6:45pm High School Performance Troupe (grades 9th-12th)
On Zoom Class Opportunties
3:30-4:30pm Creating Characters (grades 4th-5th)
3:30-4:30pm Theatrical Styles (grades 6th-8th)
4:40-5:40pm Improv (grades 6th-8th)
4:40-5:40pm Stage Makeup Special Effects (grades 4th-8th)
Are spring classes online or in-person?
The health and safety of our community is our top priority. PVTC is thrilled that after much thoughtful planning, we have been approved to offer in-person experiences this spring! We're pleased to offer a selection of both in-person and online courses to serve as many students as possible.
For in-person classes, what safety precautions will be in place to safeguard against COVID-19?
Meeting in outdoor locations around the Valley Presbyterian Church campus
Gathering in groups of 12 or fewer (10 students + 1 staff member + 1 intern)
Maintaining social distancing of at least 8’ by marking out personal bubbles for individuals on the ground
Requiring mask-wearing and frequent hand washing
Limiting the number of hours that individuals gather on campus
Refraining from singing during in-person activities
Requiring all staff, students, interns, and volunteers to complete a health check prior to arriving on campus
Conducting temperature checks upon arrival
Requiring anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to COVID-19 to stay at home and notify the PVTC team immediately
Do you offer scholarships?
Absolutely! There is a place for every student who wants to participate in PVTC, regardless of financial need. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply for a scholarship HERE.
1) TUITION: For our four-week, three-week, and two-week long camps, you have the option of processing your camp tuition in full, or by installments. Final payments are due at the start of the camp session. A first payment of $250 is required at the time of registration. For classes payment is due at the time of registration. Students who have not paid by the ﬁrst class will not be admitted into the classroom. Tuition can be processed by credit card, check, or cash.
2) REFUNDS: $25 is non-refundable for after school class tuition. There are no refunds after the first day of class. Please see summer camp pages for detailed information about our summer 2021 camp refund policy.
3) LATE REGISTRATION: If you would like to register after the ﬁrst day of a class, you may do so up until the second class meeting. After the second class meeting, we may not be able add additional students as the script has already been developed, casting has taken place, etc. We do not pro-rate classes that are added late.
4) TRIAL CLASS: We understand that some of our younger artists may be hesitant about trying a theatre class. If you have a young student and wish to test a class, please feel free to call the theatre ofﬁce at (650) 530-2428 to make arrangements for a trial class before formally registering online.
5) SCHOLARSHIPS: PVTC offers a limited amount of need-based scholarships for our after school classes and camps. Families can apply for a scholarship HERE. Questions? Please email email@example.com for more information.