Summer Session III- Musical Theatre
July 30 - August 10, 2018
The imaginative world of Dr. Seuss is fun on the page and even more adventurous on the stage! We look forward to developing the thoroughly creative world on the PVTC stage again this summer, having previously produced the junior version of Seussical in 2013.
$700 Camp Tuition
Entering Grades 1-6
The camp day runs from 9am-3pm
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
• Sunday, 3/25 - Material pick up from 2-5pm
• Sunday, 3/25 - New parent meeting from 2:30-3:30pm
• Monday, 5/7 - Audition forms due
• Monday, 5/21 - Auditions (4-7pm) ; slots will be assigned
• Monday, 6/4 - Casting announced
• Monday, 7/30 - First day of camp
• Monday, 7/30 - All campers are "off book"
• Thursday, 8/9 - Performance #1 at 6pm
• Friday 8/10 - 1/2 day of camp (9am-12pm)
• Friday, 8/10 - Performance #2 at 6pm
Horton the Elephant, the Cat in the Hat and all of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters spring to life onstage in Seussical KIDS, a fantastical musical extravaganza from Tony-winners, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Lucky Stiff, My Favorite Year, Once on This Island, Ragtime).
Transporting audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat, our narrator, tells the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos, including Jojo, a Who child, who gets in trouble for thinking too many "thinks." Horton's challenge is twofold – not only must he protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, but he must also guard an abandoned egg that's been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger, kidnapping and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant!